Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Fathers' Day


This fine looking gentleman is my father-in-law. He is 91 years old and still going strong. (This picture is a couple years old). He loves to tell us stories about his youth, and he has an excellent memory. He had to be one of the proudest grandpas around when our kids were born. And after they had moved to Colorado, partly to be close to his grandchildren, he and Mom would love to go camping with all of us. My kids always enjoyed being outdoors and in the Rocky Mountains. I'm so glad my kids got to know their Grandpa (and Grandma) before we moved to California. Happy Father's Day, Dad -- and to all dads out there in cyberspace.

7 comments:

Ruth said...

I love reading the tributes to men who have aged well and are still involved in their family's lives. They are an inspiration.
Ruth

Mary said...

91 and still going strong. Mary, he is a fortunate man. It's so nice that you remembered him on Father's Day.

RuthieJ said...

What a good-looking gentleman! I hope I'm still going strong at 91 years young.

Larry said...

He looks very young-I hope I make it that far.

Dorothy said...

You father-in-law is amazing Mary!
May he live to have many more Fathers' Day celebrations!

Mary C said...

Thank you everyone for the compliments. Yes, Dad is remarkable - at 91 he still gets out every morning to walk a mile or two, and in the afternoons he goes to the hot tub and pool. And best of all that I forgot to mention on Sunday is that this gentleman still loves to dance, especially to big band music!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mary - thanks for stopping by Wrenaissance Reflections to say hello. I love your pictures of the killdeer and the egrets!

By the way, I'm a medical librarian, too.

 

Current skin is MC Winter 08 and designed by Red.
Best viewed on Firefox at 1024x768, larger or widescreen.