Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'm home!

We just got back from our trip to New Mexico earlier this afternoon. Great weather, great food, and great experiences! I took over 150 pictures and will have to sort through them, but I will eventually get some of them posted.

I mentioned in my last post about the reading material I took with me. I finished James Michener's "Chesapeake." And I am already half-way through Kenn Kaufman's "Kingbird Highway." I will also post on these two books soon.

Meanwhile, I did not have any time while in Socorro to check all the blogs I subscribe to; I only had 1/2 an hour to check email and blogs Sunday morning before heading for the Las Vegas NWR (Las Vegas, New Mexico). And then I took the time (about an hour) to check blogs and email again once we arrived in Albuquerque yesterday afternoon. But I was overwhelmed with the amount of email, and over 200 blog posts to catch up on. Whew!

If I don't get something posted in the next day or two, I want to take this opportunity to wish all of my blogging buddies a very Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief, girl - are you EVER home? :) Happy T-day!

RuthieJ said...

Hi Mary,
I'm glad you had a great time. I was following Julie & Bill's posts and look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing your stories too.

Ruth said...

Happy thanksgiving to you!
200 blog posts! That's almost as much reading as Chesapeake.

Anonymous said...

welcome home and just in time for the holiday! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Mary said...

Hi Mary!

Welcome back! Can't wait to "see" your trip!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Mary C said...

Hello, everyone. I trust you all had a splendid Thanksgiving, and for those of us in the work world having an extra day off - it's great, isn't it?

Wren (Jane) - am I gone that often? ;o) I had a great time and hope to get some posts up about my trip, with the photos that look good.

Ruthie - I'm still trying to catch up on all my blog posts I subscribe to, but I have had to take the time to comment, especially on Bill's and Julie's blogs. Meeting them was great - they are such wonderful people. And they have posted a few posts regarding the trip to New Mexico.

Hi Ruth - I had to chuckle when you mentioned that reading those 200+ posts would be like trying to read through Chesapeake. You are right! I now have under 100 yet to read! It's hard to "catch up" when posts continually keep coming in. But at least I'm now reading those posts from Wednesday (Nov 21).

Monarch - thanks. And hopefully I won't take too long to post pix of my trip.

Hi Mary - thanks. I'm still trying to edit my pix, as well as trying to catch up on everyone else's posts.

 

Current skin is MC Winter 08 and designed by Red.
Best viewed on Firefox at 1024x768, larger or widescreen.