Sunday, February 3, 2008

Clouds Before the Storm

Yesterday morning (Saturday), I went out to the kitchen to feed the cats as usual. It was between 6:45 and 7 a.m. I sensed an orangey or peachy glow around me and I looked out the large kitchen window and saw a most beautiful sunrise. Since it's been raining so much around here, I have rarely seen the sun in the past two plus weeks. I ran down to the bedroom to grab my camera, and by the time I got outside (in the front yard) the beautiful color was already starting to fade. But here are a couple of photos for everyone to enjoy.
And just to let everyone know, we got deluged with more rain yesterday. We even had more rain showers this morning. But this afternoon and evening we started to "dry out." But the sun still wasn't shining. I'm hoping to see some sunshine tomorrow.

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Hi Mary,

Your sunrise photos are beautiful!
Made me think..."Red sky in the morning...sailor's warning." My daughter and her family live in California and have been experiencing all the rain too.
The whole country seems to have wacky weather lately. But I do miss the beautiful California weather. No SAD there for me....
Thanks for commenting on my blog.
Have a nice day...and week.

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos and those reds are stunning!

Heidi said...

When did you take the second one? Looks pretty... but not enough to make me wake up.

 

Current skin is MC Winter 08 and designed by Red.
Best viewed on Firefox at 1024x768, larger or widescreen.