Thursday, February 14, 2008

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Since the color red is the token color for Valentine's Day, I thought I would share with you my Valentine's flowers. Well, at least that's what I'm identifying them to be. This has been an interesting week for me. I went to work on Monday, but didn't feel so great. I started with a cough and a headache. It was my first day back since my trip to Las Vegas. As usually expected, I got worse, so I haven't been to work the rest of the week. Today, I'm feeling better, but not well enough to return to work. But this is the first time I feel well enough to read some blogs and post one of my own.
The photo above is all three pots of amaryllis plants I have. The one in the background has three bulbs, but there are no flowers, just leaves for now. The two pots in front are all flowers without the leaves. The amaryllis on the left is called Minerva, and the one on the right is called Red Lion. Putting all three pots together makes for a decent composition. I'm really impressed with the Red Lion. Most of them popped open almost at the same time.

Here is a close-up of the Red Lion. And below is another composition of all three pots. They are sitting on a table, and I'm sitting on the floor looking up at them. Anyway, I hope you are enjoying them almost as much as I am. And Happy Valentine's Day to all.


4 comments:

Ruth said...

The flowers are beautiful and most appropriate for Valentine's Day. Hope you are feeling 100% soon!

Anonymous said...

I am a little late but love your red flowers and hope you had a wonderful V Day!

Mary said...

I'm late with Valentine Wishes, Mary. I hope you are feeling better and I look forward to hearing about your LV trip.

RuthieJ said...

Hi Mary,
I hope you're finally feeling better. Do you think it was the flu?
P.S. your amaryllis are beautiful!

 

Current skin is MC Winter 08 and designed by Red.
Best viewed on Firefox at 1024x768, larger or widescreen.